Severe itching with welts

Hi Over the last few months I have been getting severe welt like rash with itching. They occur at least twice or thrice a month and go away after I take allergy medication. Initially I thought it was caused by food and tried to see if I was allergic to common allergenic food like eggs, eggplant, shell fish etc., but found out that none of those were triggering my allergies. Right before the allergies started I was detected with high bp and started to take losartan. My question is does my symptoms seem like a normal allergic reaction or could it be caused by some renal malfunction that caused both my bp to rise and the itchy rashes? Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thank you

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe itching with welts

They seem to be episodes of urticaria. Since they are occurring occasionally they could be related to something in food or some mild infection in body. You can get blood checked for kidney function and thyroid.