Severe Hair fall.

Iam 25years, Male. Am having severe hair fall problem. My hair density has become very less in course of time. I have tried applying hair packs and oils for tears together. But they are of no use.
Please suggest the best treatment for this problem.
Is hair transplant safe? It causes nerve or genetic problem?

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe Hair fall.

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Androgenetic (or pattern) alopecia is a genetically determined disorder characterized by the gradual conversion of terminal hairs into indeterminate, and finally into vellus, hairs. It is an extremely common disease that affects men and women.
The prognosis of androgenetic alopecia is unknown. Some patients progress to the point where they lose almost all of the hair on the scalp. Others have a patterned or nonpatterned thinning but retain a considerable number of scalp hairs. 
Treatment options include: medical therapy & Surgical treatment of androgenetic alopecia has been successfully performed for the past 4 decades. Although the cosmetic results are often satisfactory, the main problem is covering the bald area with donor plugs (or follicles) sufficient in number to be effective. Micrografting produces a more natural appearance than the old technique of transplanting plugs.
Consult Dermatologist....