Severe giddiness

Hi, I have taken medication for Neurocystocercosis for almost 16 years. Medication has stopped now. I took Divaa OD 1500mg for most of the time. The dose was reduced by 125mg per month in the last 1 year and I stopped taking any medicine from Jan 2016 onwards. I was on-site for a month. From the moment I reached there I am having this severe giddiness, dizziness and bad taste of mouth. I am currently consulting an ENT, who diagnosed me for Vertigo. I am currently taking Vertin16 and Stugeron. Please suggest me if I'm taking correct medication or do I need to visit some other specialist.

Dr. Pradeep Kumar Palakonda
ENT/ Otolaryngologist 10 yrs exp Visakhapatnam
There are two types of vertigo. 1.Central 2.Peripheral. Peripheral is something originating from inner ears. Central is originating in the brain above. Your case seems like a central vertigo. Hence taking Vertin or Stugeron will not help as they are only useful for Peripheral Vertigo. I suggest you consult a Neurophysician for further proper evaluation.