Severe giddiness

Hi, I have taken medication for Neurocystocercosis for almost 16 years. Medication has stopped now. I took Divaa OD 1500mg for most of the time. The dose was reduced by 125mg per month in the last 1 year and I stopped taking any medicine from Jan 2016 onwards. I was on-site for a month. From the moment I reached there I am having this severe giddiness, dizziness and bad taste of mouth. I am currently consulting an ENT, who diagnosed me for Vertigo. I am currently taking Vertin16 and Stugeron. Please suggest me if I'm taking correct medication or do I need to visit some other specialist.

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe giddiness

Dr. Pradeep Kumar Palakonda Visakhapatnam | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
There are two types of vertigo. 1.Central 2.Peripheral. Peripheral is something originating from inner ears. Central is originating in the brain above. Your case seems like a central vertigo. Hence taking Vertin or Stugeron will not help as they are only useful for Peripheral Vertigo. I suggest you consult a Neurophysician for further proper evaluation.