chest-icon

Severe cough and phlegm

Sir, my mother have been suffering from cough and phlegm for nearly 1 year, and she's been under medication for 6 months. The consulted doctor have conducted lot of tests like chest x-ray, phlegm test and blood test and finally he told that she's suffering from 'lungs allergy' and he suggested prescription for 6 months but no complete cure. She is not sleeping well because of this problem. Hence i am kindly requesting you sir that please tell , what is lungs allergy ? Is it curable or not ?

Doctor Answers (3) on Severe cough and phlegm

Dr. Sukhant Bagdia Nagpur | Pulmonologist
Hello, Lungs allergy is actually lungs symptoms due to allergy.. allergy is hatred to a particular substance or anything.. it could be something you can see to something you cannot see.. to confirm allergy you need to get done the skin prick allergy test.. Book an appointment with me if you want to know further details.. upload investigations done with you if you can for further help..
Dr. Amruth Sindhu Bangalore | Pulmonologist
Hi. I understand your concerns. She might be having bronchitis. She needs to undergo pulmonary function test which is needed for diagnosis and also to assess severity of bronchitis based on which treatment can be started. she will need inhalers based on the severity. Consult a pulmonologist for the same. You must understand they it is a chronic problem causing symptoms and can not be cured but can definitely be controlled so that she has a symptom free. Needs regular follow up. If you are from bangalore you can consult me at my clinic at hebbal kempapura. Hope your questions were answered. Thanks.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello....... Lung allergy could be asthma, person present with difficulty in breathing....if its asthma there is no cure for this ...can only be managed with medicines ....you have not mentioned any medicines she is on...or else fungal infection can cause allergic reaction ....could be aspergillous infection