Severe back pain

My mother suffered an accident in 2014 after which she's suffering from back pain, we got her treated by spinal surgeon who gave medicines and a back supporter, but in last few days she's again suffering from severe pain in her back and the x ray report showed that the joints present in the spinal cord have slightly bend beneath. Please let me know as if how can it be treated.

Dr. M. Kodeeswaran
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

Pain in the back and radiating to legs can be due to compression of nerves in the lower spine..it should be evaluated by a neurosurgeon..or send me the images in private consulting area..I will guide accordingly

Hello there. I can understand your concern but your question is a bit incomplete I would say. You have not mentioned whether the pain is in the upper back or lower back. Because the bend and bulge which you are talking about also need to be known whether its in the cervical, thoracic or Lumbar region. Also, you haven't attached any reports. Kindly get a MRI done, she might be deficient in calcium and VIT d3. So give her supplements accordingly. Tab. Etova-P twice a day after food. Kindly consult a orthopedician for further management. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.