Serumcreatinine level

I have fluctuating serum creatinine. In one lab it was 1.6,normal was 1.5 as per that lab.In other lab it was 1.3,normal was 1.1 in that lab.since drinking regularly at least 2.2litres of water daily it has finally settled to 1.01,normal is 1.2in that lab.this is since 6 months.My serum uric acid is around 6 with regular febuxostat.I want to know if I am developing kidney disease and I require to do any further tests or take any precautions. Or require any medications. Or is it normal for Serum creatinine to fluctuate? Kindly advise.

Doctor Answers (1) on Serumcreatinine level

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Sir, the first thing you should know is that there are different types of assays or test available to test serum creatinine level. So that's the reason there are different normal range mentioned in the laboratories you got it checked and again the creatinine level varies if you are dehydrated, had high protein food,certain drugs like NSAIDS,cimetidine,cephalosporins etc before giving your blood sample for the test,so kindly check those things. Generally people having kidney disease will complain of lower backache, swelling in the face,generalised weakness, altered blood pressure etc. If you have any such symptoms kindly consult a physician.