Serum creatinine
Hi. My mother took a basic health checkup from SRL lab last saturday in which all basic test was done. The matter of concern is, her elevated serum creatinine level which is detected as 2.7mg/dL. The consultant has suggested in the report to consult a Nephrologist. Does the elevated value signifies chronic kidney condition or syndrome related to kidney. I need an opinion.

Dr. Bodhisatwa Choudhuri
General Physician 9 yrs exp Kolkata
Elevated creatinine may be due to chronic kidney disease or acute kidney problems. She will need an urine analysis and USG KUB region to understand the underlying renal pathology. Consult a nephrologist immediately. Hope this helps.