diabetes-icon
Senior citizen imbalanced sugars
Hello doctor, Please let me know how to take care of my mother at home as from few days her sugars (which was FBS 154 and pp was 260 today) not getting in control even being on high insulin dose (42-0-35) Also she had taken a 7day course of Taximo 200mg to clear her infection. So how to immediately get her sugars under control at home is there any medicine which can be added like dapaglyn that in a while her sugars get in control as even her diet is on strict control.please help me with suggestions as I can't take her to hospital. Thank you for your valued information in advance.

Infection is  bound to  increase blood sugar levels. Add  afternoon  dose of Actrapid, 12 units before  lunch and  reduce  night  dose to  20units. Check  sugars  daily  to  titrate  insulin  dosage.
Please  get  Urine  culture  & Ultrasound  of  Abdomen and Kidney  to  rule out  other  pathology.
Maintain  strict  diabetic  diet