Seizures - drinking habit

Hi I met with an rta in 2009 and got head injury but until 2011 it was not confirmed that I had seizures due to head injury ( got seziours in 2010 once and 2011 twice) after that only started using medicines Levipil 500 mg morning and Levipil 1000 mg night as Doctor prescribed continously from then and can I have drinks occasionally like once in 3 months in limit, and if suppose I am having drinks will I have to change medicines for seizures Note: doctor confirmed that I have an old fracture in lateral wall of right orbit from CT scan Thank you

Doctor Answers (1) on Seizures - drinking habit

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi....., Drinking alcohol is a personal choice, but for some people with epilepsy, alcohol makes their seizures worse. ... Drinking alcohol can trigger seizures for some people ... This can make you more likely to have seizures. Alcohol can also increase the side-effects of epilepsy medicines..... Alcohol can reduce the amount of some epilepsy medicines in the body. This can make you more likely to have seizures. ...