Seizure due to meftal

My mother was having viral ,we were giving paracetamol as per doctor's advice,on 3rd night her fever goes up to 103 ,so we consulted doctor who advised to give meftal 250 mg , in the early morning next day ,she was having excessive gas as well as pain in stomach,after few minutes she fainted and have a seizure for 3-5 seconds for the first time in life, doctor said it might be due to reaction of meftal as well as due to dehydration,now she is better.Does it's a serious Matter of concern ??
views-icons 71 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Seizure due to meftal

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Its very unlikely that meftal would cause the seizures. The seizures could be due to the temperature. You need to get your fever treated properly. Take a paracetamol thrice a day after food. Also get yourself checked out by a neurologist for further evaluation and management of the seizure problem. Do not take it lightly. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
This is very serious

Fever with seizures can be due to brain fever

Please consult a Neurosurgeon at the earliest

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar Delhi | General Physician
It could have been a febrile seizure as well.
It's one of episodes.
Please don't worry