Second openion on Abscess

Hey i am 28 year old female and has been diagnoses with perianal abscess in left and have underwent surgery to remove fistula in april 2016 . Till 6 monyhs everything was fine but in octobet again i have been diagnoard with inyrrspehincteric abscess with opening at 12 o clock and for that again i undereent surgery . I want to know the exact reason for reocurrence after 6 months . My biopsy report days my bacteria is weak and also MRI is also being done ...plz help where can i consult as i dont want to undergo this procedure again

Dr. Jyoti Talukdar
Medical Microbiologist 18 yrs exp Gurgaon

Fistulas do recur but completely recoverable after surgery

Hello.. Well it's really sad that you had to go through the procedure repeatedly bit then it is staphylococcus infections usually which are present on the skin...and it gets infected to skin and underlying layers...try to maintain hygiene well and treatment with antibiotics completely is a must ...please meet a gen surgeon
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 15 yrs exp Pune
Relapse of abscess occurs if fistulectomy have not been done properly or post operation adequate sitz bath and antibiotics not given Also you need to rule out systemic diseases causing these like IBDs(crohn disease) tuberculosis also