Sebohaerric Dermatitis
I have scalp itching for 15 years.  It is felt over the head  The itching starts at one point of the head and when I rub it rapidly spreads over the entire head. Their is also hair loss. The doctor says it's seborric dermatitis. Kindly advise how to get rid of this. I am taking medicine for BP and also epilepsy.

Dr. Harisha N L

You may be able to control seborrheic dermatitis with lifestyle changes and home remedies. Many of these are available in over-the-counter (nonprescription) forms. You may need to try different products or a combination of products before your condition improves. Try over-the-counter anti-dandruff products, such as: Shampoo with pyrithione zinc or selenium daily, Shampoo with the antifungal ketoconazole, used twice weekly, alternating with your daily shampoo likeTar shampoo.. Salicylic acid shampoo...consult dermatologist if no improvements