Sebeceous cyst on left ch

My daughter had a sebaceous cyst on left chick. That we operated on sep 2015. Again on the same place it came again. We do not want again to go ahead with surgery. What are the other options available.

Doctor Answers (2) on Sebeceous cyst on left ch

Dr. Gautam Gangurde Nashik | Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon
Complete Surgical excision is the treatment for recurrent sebaceous cyst but it had to be removed completely along with part of skin and closed with fine sutures to minimise the scar on the face. Consult to your nearest plastic and cosmetic surgery for the same.
Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Recurrence of sebaceous cyst can occur. There are no methods other than surgery. When surgical removal is done very conservatively it tends to recurr. The entire skin over the cyst must be removed along with entire depth of the cyst. If these are not done recurrence occurs. Sometimes dissection in the face is very difficult due to lot of bleeding in the area and hence may cause some part of the cyst to remain inside. If laser is done it will leave a very bad scar because sebaceous cysts are usually deep. A neat surgical dissection under local anaesthesia is the best option. I perform these procedures regularly. You may fix an appointment with me if you wish to proceed with it. Draining the cyst with a needle usually leads to infection. And it will always recurr as long as any part of the cyst remains in the body. Hope this helped you. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore