cancer-icon
Sebaceous cyst
I have sebaceous cyst on my testicles. I want to know whether they are dangerous to life or not? Whether they are life threatening? Which medical tests should i do to ensure myself? Please guide.

Dr. Mukul Roy
Radiation Oncologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Sebaceous cyst are never life threatening. You can always go and show it to a good surgeon.
Hi.... If a sebaceous cyst does not cause problems or look bad cosmetically, you probably don't need any treatment. If it becomes swollen or tender, home treatments may help. Putting a warm moist compress over the cyst may help it drain, for instance. Resist any temptation to pop or squeeze the cyst, like a pimple. But if it's inflamed and causing discomfort, you should see a doctor.