Sciatica nerve pain

I have been facing this issue since years and have consulted multiple waste doctors but no one treated correctly. Pain occurres periodically with 3 to 4 months gap when it comes my situation will be HORRIBLE as I wouldn't be able to move a inch. I come to normal when I take pain killer only. There is severe pain on right hip/lower back and nerve gets compressed badly that gives me a feel like to cut down my leg😞. I'm thinking about surgery but not sure whether it give me permanent solution or not.

Doctor Answers (1) on Sciatica nerve pain

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi....,. Sciatica is not so much a condition but actually a symptom. It refers to pain that begins in the hip and buttocks and continues all the way down the leg. This symptom is often accompanied by low back pain, ... The treatment of sciatica really depends on the cause of the injury and the extent of the symptoms. Severe cases which are usually caused by a prolapsed or slipped disc often require surgery although conservative treatment is usually tried first. Rest is important,...Consult Neurologist m...