Sciatic nerve pain

I've consulted from a doctor and the diagnosis tells that there is sciatica nerve problem in my left leg there is no proper treatment for it in Ahmednagar so what is remedy for it.

Doctor Answers (1) on Sciatic nerve pain

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
In many cases, sciatica will improve and go away with time. Initial treatment usually focuses on medicines and exercises to relieve pain. You can help relieve pain by: Avoiding sitting (unless it is more comfortable than standing). Alternating lying down with short walks . Increase your walking distance as you are able to without pain. Taking acetaminophen or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen or naproxen . Using a heating pad on a low or medium setting for 15 to 20 minutes every 2 or 3 hours. Try a warm shower in place of one session with the heating pad. You can also buy single-use heat wraps that last up to 8 hours. You can also try an ice pack for 10 to 15 minutes every 2 to 3 hours. There is not strong evidence that either heat or ice will help, but you can try them to see if they help you..Consult nearest neuro surgeon or physician for clinical examination they will do the needful.