Scar on my forearms
I had harmed myself during my college days by cutting my forearm with blade which left deep scar...I wanted to get rid of it now is it possible

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Scars are amenable to various treatment options and it has to be customized based on your scar type.The treatment depends on the duration of scar and ability to follow-up. The advance treatment option includes Fractional CO2 lasers in multiple sessions and is currently the procedure of choice. Other options include dermaroller with or without mesotherapy, subcision and some other procedure. Certain patient benefit when oral medications are given concomitantly. Topical creams may be of little use and will supplement laser treatment.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
One needs to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement.