Scanty periods

Does pcos causes scanty periods.. earlier i had bleeding for 5 days but now only 2 days what is the reason

Doctor Answers (3) on Scanty periods

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Scanty period is a sign of Adrenal fatigue  which is a part of PCOS. I would  take it seriously as it is the stepping  stone to other complications  of PCOS. No wonder you may be feeling  tired or dizzy also.
Good news is that your problem  can be totally reversed, not by masking the symptoms  but by addressing  the root cause of your issue. To know more on this, please read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
Flow during menses is affected by several factors, like medications, stress, concurrent illness. PCOS can too lead to it. In case you are overweight for your height, weight loss can help. Have yourself evaluated to assess if you need metformin in addition to normoz
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Yes scanty period is a symptom of pcod...it may occur in women who have anemia i.e low haemoglobin levels,diabetes or thyroid problems. It is also common in women with high levels of a protein called prolactin in their blood...it can be the side effects of certain drugs like oral contraceptives,antipsychotics,antiepileptics...consult nearest gynecologists they will do the needful.