Scalp dandruff patch

From last 5-6 years i am facing this issue, i have dandruff on scalp as shiny silvery patch and if i remove it by itching it bleeds also, sometimes i notice hairfall also because of this, there are not visible dandruff in my hairs but flakes of it. I tried all the anti-dandruff shampoo, tried D-free but nothing seems to work.

Doctor Answers (1) on Scalp dandruff patch

Thanks for the query. Dandruff is the result of excessive oil application compounded by a fungal overgrowth. So consider discontinuation of oils and start using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo atleast for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment plans. Can it be scalp psoriasis or something else? Once the diagnosis is ascertained,proper treatment can be initiated. Psoriasis is a immune system mediated skin disease which can be brought into remission by certain medications and life style changes. Now its believed to be a multi system disorder involving joints, hearts and kidneys as well. A proper assessment to determine the severity of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis is needed. Most of the patients do well if they stick to the recommendations. Kindly see a dermatologist for a treatment plan.  Hope it helps you.