chest-icon

Sarcoidosis

My mother is about 45 years of age. We just discovered she has been suffering from sarcoidosis by x-ray and CT scan of lungs. She didn't start taking the treatment yet... We are about to start treatment from allopathy... What would you people prefer...? Should we start treatment from allopathy or ayurveda...? I realized that there is no cure for this disease, but please suggest me something which is more effective.Her initial symptoms were severe dry cough and reoccurring fevers for about 3-4 months.We stay in bangalore. Please suggest me something good and is this disease deadly...? Is biopsy necessary for treatment..? Because we are very scared.

Doctor Answers (2) on Sarcoidosis

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti Hyderabad | General Physician
Consult a pulmonologist. She should be treated with steroids.
There are no proper evidence and side effects profile of ayurveduc drugs. I wont prefer it.
Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani Mohali | General Physician
Hi sarcoidosis is an auto immmune disorder that its body slef which is creating problems for the body , since your mother is not diagnosed you need to be careful and get a consultation doen with a rheumatologist .. he will take good care of her . all tests are required and the specialist will try to put the disease in a pause with allopathic maedicine and will not alllow it to progress. Do not worry just be sincere in investigations and allopathic medication .
all investiagtions , meet rheumatologist, start treatment..she will be alrite soon.
allopathic medicine have good results.