Being a shy boy I didn't speak in my school even after beating but i was among toppers. I did b tech from a college next to my house (as my parents especially my father was over protective but he died when i was in final year) in college i started only to reply with smallest sentences. Sometimes students made fun of me but i could not respond.Also i can't speak in presentation etc. So depression started.Then i did m tech in 2012 but jobless now since my eyes water while talking to people as if i was crying and also i can't greet people on meeting them. So now i don't come out of my house and hide when a guest comes due to guilt of not able to greet them and also to avoid questions of job & marriage.I also has OCD & always jealous of my younger brother enjoying life with his friends while I m continuously in tension.I get no respect in family/society & younger brother also insults me.I don't have a single person to share feelings with. I feel my life is ruined.Also hv confusion in mind.

Doctor Answers (1) on SAD, OCD, DEPRESSION

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychotherapist
From your description here I can understand that you are having features suggestive of anxious avoidant personality disorder. Although you haven't mentioned any symptoms of OCD, but it is quite common in such individuals. Howsoever, you should know that by medications and psychotherapy you shall be able to overcome these difficulties, but that only after a thorough assessment by a clinical psychologist or psychotherapist. I would strongly recommended you to visit someone near to you so as to be able to come out of this. Kindly do not hesitate and do so as soon as possible, wishing you good luck!