Rupture of urethra.

Hi, my dad has kidney stone problem. When taken to the hospital, the reports reveal that he has a rupture of bulbomembranous urethra. Wat is the cure. Wat treatment should I go for

Doctor Answers (1) on Rupture of urethra.

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
The treatment options for urethral trauma depend on the severity and location of the injury. Some partial urethral injuries can be treated with the insertion of a catheter, which is usually left in place for 14 to 21 days to allow the urethra to mend, and then an X-ray is performed to confirm that the injury has healed. In the case of an anterior urethral injury, the injury may need to be repaired immediately with surgery. Minor injuries may be treated by diverting the urine away from the injury with a special tube inserted into the bladder (called a Foley catheter). Later, an X-ray of the urethra is repeated after the catheter has been in place for two to three weeks. If the injury has healed, the catheter can be removed in the doctor's office.