Routine check
I am a 22 year old male. I shampoo on alternate days and apply coconut oil on alternate days mostly at night since I have sweaty body can't apply it in morning . Also on the non shampoo days I rinse my hair with just water. Also my doesn't set by just combing, so I apply gel every morning. I have been doing this from past 10 days. So is this routine possible going to harm my hair in long run?please help.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Greetings. I dont really see this as a routine that would harm your hair. However, in any case if you feel you are having more than normal hair loss or early hair thinning or hair recession, or deepening of the sides of the head - and if this concerns you - then you may have to see a qualified dermatologist and seek his help / opinion. otherwise you can continue your routine. Warm regards.
see a qualified doctor near you for any further specific issues
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging