immune-system-icon
Risk of rabies
Hi i was licked by a dog few weeks back on intact skin no cuts only on skin but after one day i got myself into a metal cut on the sane area. Do you think i am at a risk of rabies? I have 5 arv injections in the month of April. Should i take another course? The point why it is concerning me is that i have been having tingling sensation at that point after the metal cut and now i am really worried

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 5 yrs exp Hyderabad

You dont need rabies vaccine.
Dr. B Rajashekar

hello no risk or rabies bye
Dr. Pankaj Kumar
General Physician 10 yrs exp Delhi
I donot think in this situation you need any further vaccination.. Tingling is occuring due to nerve injury by metal cut not by dog lick... You can take Inj TT if you have not taken in last 5 yrs.. All the best...