Ring worm in groin

I am suffering from ring worm in my groin and forehead and around my eye. The ring worm in groin has been troubling me since my pregnancy 8 months back and its been continuous. I have not taken any oral medicine as i m breastfeeding my child of 8 months. And has been using Terbinaforce Plus Cream and Fintop + Ebernet.

Doctor Answers (1) on Ring worm in groin

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Ring worm is a fungal infection in areas that don't dry after you sweat. Typically in groin and below breast on females. Keep the area dry. Stop terbinaforce plus as it contains a steroid as well. Use a plain antifungal cream like ebernet twice a day. You can use anti fungal dusting poweder on the cream in the morning to absorb sweat. For itching you can use levocetrizine 5mg to 10mg once a day. The cream should be used for 4 to 6 weeks. Continue to use the cream 2 weeks after you infection has visibly subsided. If it does not clear by 2 months you will need anti fungal tablets. The choice of antifungal varies depending on your infection and other factors like pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend you meeting with a dermatologist near you if it has not subsided with ebernet and the dusting powder. Remember to keep the area dry. Use completely dry under garments and change them frequently if you sweat more. Sun drying your clothes and ironing them will kill any fungal spores on your clothes. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore.