Right Parotid gland lump
Hi I have a swelling near the right ear since 1 year n its incresing in size gradualy.i consulted ent n took neck scan n fnac .according to reports its benign parotid lump.doctor suggested me superficial parotidecotmy.but is there any othet alternate treatment other than surgery.

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

you must be having pleomorphic adenoma of parotid gland which is the most common benign tumor of parotid gland. unfortunately there is no alternative treatment options for this condition and superficial or total parotidectomy depending on location of tumor is the only option available. this tumor can be left alone without much of future consequences with rare risk of malignant transformation. find a good head and neck surgeon as facial nerve is at risk during surgery