Right Parotid gland lump
Hi I have a swelling near the right ear since 1 year n its incresing in size gradualy.i consulted ent n took neck scan n fnac .according to reports its benign parotid lump.doctor suggested me superficial parotidecotmy.but is there any othet alternate treatment other than surgery.
172 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

you must be having pleomorphic adenoma of parotid gland which is the most common benign tumor of parotid gland. unfortunately there is no alternative treatment options for this condition and superficial or total parotidectomy depending on location of tumor is the only option available. this tumor can be left alone without much of future consequences with rare risk of malignant transformation. find a good head and neck surgeon as facial nerve is at risk during surgery
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.