Rib cracked
Hello, I went to a concert and was standing at the front, public was pushing forward, load was increasing. Bouncers pushed the public back, one of them put his hand on my chest and pushed back hard. I think I heard a pop sound in my chest like something broke. From that time I have pain in the chest. No swelling, no bruises on chest, but it pains while coughing and everytime there is load on chest. I can breathe properly. Is my rib cracked? What should I do, I am scared?

Dr. Alka A. Nirantar
General Physician 42 yrs exp Pune
It is a simple procedure to get chest x ray done to rule out fracture rib. If so go to a doctor.he will just fix your broken rib with sticking plaster.you need to put that on for few days till your rib heals naturally.no surgery needed. Nothing to panic.