Repeated Urinary Infectio
Dear Doctor, The problem is with my 1-year-old Niece, currently in Dubai. She has been having repeated urinary infections and after further checkup, the doctor there determined that she had a blockage in the upper part one of her kidneys which was causing her repeated infections. The doctor there recommends she have that portion of her kidney removed. Until then she is put on daily dosage of Septrin- Paediatric Suspension (Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole). I would like to get a second opinion on the same and would be glad to follow up on the same towards the second week of October when they are visiting India. I am attaching copies of a nuclear scan (99mTc DTPA Diuretic Renal Scan), micturating cystourethrogram, and CT abdomen & Pelvis. Would be great if someone can help us out on this.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Here is my opinion. Yes there is a defect which is causing certain reflux and even back pressure. Removal as suggested by your doctors would be the best options for her. But since you are coming to india in a few days, you can get her checked out by a good ueologist here again and they would explain her condition in detail. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.