Relief from Keloids
Is there a permanent relief or solution from keloid ? What is the Percentage of reduction if any treatment available.

Dr. Pradnya Shastri
Trichologist 10 yrs exp Mumbai

Unfortunately, there isn't a permanent cure. Keloid is a type of scar and it is your body's tendency to develop a keloid when you get injured. So even if you your current keloids 'flatten ' (unfortunately they cannot disappear)   you can still develop keloids elsewhere. % of reduction depends on where the keloid is , how big it is, is it increasing etc... keloid treatments take time...And creams don't work. Procedures like ILS (injections to flatten) or laser etc can be tried... but understand that I used the word tried. I suggest that you visit a dermatologist near you so that you can discuss the options of treatment..like I said above, a lot of factors are considered before treatment is suggested.
Dr. Surendra Singh Bhati
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Indore
They can b suppressed by intralesional steroid. Avoid surgical procedure also avoid trauma other wise it may result in keloid. Consult a dermatologist