Regarding rabies

Sir/Mem,Day before yesterday i was going through a village road,as it was a raining day so their was water in the road,a truck was coming from front n it crossed over the water due to that some parts of that road water sprayed on my legs,their was a little cut on my leg of 2-3days earlier,but it was covered by black skin and i saw earlier a dog was drinking other water on the road,so i thought he might drunk the same water that sprayed on my legs my truck,so my question is That (i).because the water touched my legs and their was old little wound of 2-3days earlier so Can i get rabies?? (ii)Should i have to take vaccine?? If yes then how many vaccines?? (iii)Earlier i have taken 12vaccine from 2008-2012,so if i again take vaccine will there be any side effect or reaction???? YESTERDAY I VISITED TO A LOCAL MD DOCTOR HE SAID NO NEED TO TAKE VACCINE,AND DONT THINK SUCH THINGS,AS YOU HAVE VACCINATED EARLIER SO NOW DONT THINK OF VACCINE IT WILL EFFECT YOUR IMMUNITY.

Doctor Answers (2) on Regarding rabies

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. I had already answered your query yesterday regarding this and I already had stated the reasons why it's not be that you take the vaccine. It's not required because you have already been immunised. The booster dose should be repeated once in 5 years. Since your last shot was in 2012, you can get a booster dose next year. Even if the dog had rabies, don't you think the saliva would have got so much diluted in that much of rain water? If you want to get a rabies shot, go ahead no one can stop you. If you want to listen to a person who has experience in these things, then I said it yesterday and I would say it again and also my colleague has said it. ITS NOT REQUIRED. REST IS YOUR WISH. BEST REGARDS. DR.ANIL KUMAR JAIN.
Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there.. I can understand your worry.. even if that dog had rabies then chances of you getting is minimal as hardly any saliva would have entered the water and it would have got diluted totally.. and your wound if three days old then epithelium barrier would have started to grow so nothing would have entered.. just keep your wound clean so that it doesn't get infected.. and since your immunised previously there is no need for immunisation again..if your so worried then follow the dog and if it's still alive with no symptoms of rabies for 2weeks then you can be tension free it doesn't have rabies..