Reddish coungh in morning
I am 33 years old, I have suffered from cold and cough and throat infection for last 3 weeks. I have to Physician and taken medications for the same. Now i have relief in cold , however my coughing continues. Specially in night time. For last two days I observed that afetr spitiing cough first time in morning, It is slight pink in colour and it appears only when i am spitting first time. I could not understand the reason for the same and i am fealing irritation in throat as well. Please advice.

Dr. Pinaki Mazumder
Otologist/ Neurotologist 31 yrs exp Kolkata

Cough usually takes longer to respond. But as it is persisting for 3 weeks you should get a chest x-ray done and consult your physician.