RED SPOTS/RASH ON PENIS

From last 4 days i am noticing red spots/rashes on my penis along with presence of smegma, after referring online i found that this may be bacterial infection..further i applied clotrmazole cream on head of penis and taken cedafur 250 mg ..kindly recommend dosage and alternative/ more effective medicine or whether this medicine is ok or not

Doctor Answers (1) on RED SPOTS/RASH ON PENIS

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
It seems that you have got a fungal infection. However, I would insist you to post an image of the affected area so that I can better evaluate the situation...if you are improving for topical clotrimazole cream it suggests fungal etiology so you can continue the same...but continue applying the medication twice a day for at least 3 weeks after resolution of rash...other wise you need to consult nearest dermatologist for clinical examination and treatment..