Red skin irritation

I have got skit irritations nearly all over my body. They are in my upper neck, legs, toes, stomach. And the major part near the upper theigh area around the genitals. I doubt these are ring worms. The theigh area is all red and patchy which itches a lot. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Red skin irritation

Thanks for the query. This picture is very typical for a ring worm infection. ​Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to rampant usage of antifungals. Please see a dermatologist for prescription antifungal drugs. Till then use only OTC anti-allergic medications to control itching. You can also start non prescription antifungal creams till then. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes. Dont delay the treatment or it might spread to other parts as well. Avoid self medications. Hope it help you Dr MK Agarwala