Red rashes at back
I have got black and red rashes at back and neck.attached pic.Can you tell me what's it.And what need to be done for it
74 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

There are various kinds of allergies that can present like this. Yours looks like a contact dermatitis. It is a kind of allergy to something you have come in contact with, it could be a perfume, soap, new dress, hair dye etc. You have to specify how long you have had these rashes becasue some of them seem to have developed a thickening of the skin called lichenification due to scratching the area for a long time. In allergies we need to find out detailed history to know what caused it. To reduce the allergy you can use a steroid containing cream/ointment for about two weeks. If you do not know the allergy causing agent and are coming in contact with it regularly then it can flare up again. Please visit a dermatologist for a prescription of an anti allergy/steroid creams and discuss in detail how it started and how it progressed with them. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?

This question featured in :

Honeycomb rash on back
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.