Red Fluffly Spots

I have these horrible looking white-ish and reddish spots on the upper half of my back. It started all the way back in 2005 after i swam in a public swimming pool. And all of a sudden it has increased to spread on my upper arm, front upper portion near the neck and face. Please help urgently. They were all flat, now they just suddenly fluffed up and are itchy. Please help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Red Fluffly Spots

​​Thanks for the query. ​​This presentation can be seen with many skin diseases. The best option is to consult a Dermatologist in person to understand the problem and get it diagnosed. A proper treatment can then be started. If you are talking about hives, which may be a possibility based on the description provided. ​Hives are irritating and difficult to live with. Chronic urticaria is the medical terminology and needs proper assessment. The triggers should be identified. Based on your description, it appears that you have intermittent variable of chronic urticaria. These conditions have a strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health.