Red eyes and sore throat

Hi, since Sunday evening my eyes are producing watery mucus discharge and troubling me with sore throat. Seems like it's is conjunctivitis. I have not taken any medicine yet for this because my parents said it will be cured its own in 3-4 days. Now I am little worried because it's the 5th day and there is no improvement. Can you help me here?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

It seems like conjunctivitis 1. Use antibiotic mild steroid combination 2. Use lubricating eyedrop 3. Cold compresses Maintain lid hygiene
Dr. Vishal S. Kakhandki
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 8 yrs exp Bangalore
Looks like viral conjunctivitis. ...consult ophthalmologist immediately. ....needs examination if cornea is affected or not....may take 1 -2 weeks to resolve. .....can take tab tolpa d twice a day for 2 -3 days. Moxicip eye ointment once at night. Lubrex eye drops 4 times a day
Dr. Harsha
Hi there....it looks like you could be suffering from bacterial or viral conjunctivitis with upper respiratory tract infection. Sometimes it can due to allergy also. Since it has not subsided it is high time you consult a doctor. You need to consult a ophthalmologist for the discharge from the eyes and ENT specialist for the sore throat. The ophthalmologist might start you on mocofloxacin or ciprofloxacin eye drops or ointment. The ENT might start you on oral antibiotics. For now you can start doing salt water gargles to help your sore throat