Red eye since morning
I've been having a red eye since today morning. It has been watering also. I have an IT job. What could be the reason? I stay in Bangalore.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello...i think this is conjunctivitis Prevention 1. Cold compresses 2. Maintain lid hygiene 3. Use antibiotic eyedrop 4. Avoid hand shakes

Hello there. Looks like there is a infection. It's called conjunctivitis. Wash your eyes with running water and you will need eye drops. You can use ciprofloxacin eye drops,one drop 5 times a day for 3 days. Avoid touching and rubbing the eyes. Once you touch the affected eye and then the normal eye, it will spread. Consult a ophthalmologist if it doesn't subside. Regards