there are many causes for redness of eyes mainly allergy, infection, inflammation and dry eyes etc.
1. Redness + itching: allergy
2. Redness + pain + watering + decreased vision: infection
3. Redness + pain: inflammation
4. Redness foreign body sensation: dryness
if there is only redness then it is normal as slight exposure to dust, temperature or air or eyes may be red in morning. Stress may also cause redness. I usually do not treat when there is only redness, you can 1. Blink a lot
2. Wash eyes with fresh water
3. Cold compresses
4. Use lubricating eye drop like flogel these measures will help to keep your eyes healthy but it will not have any effect on redness (treating general redness alone is not necessary also)
having said that you should consult local ophthalmologist for proper examination and treatment
Hello there...I can understand your concern. What line of work are you in? Because it might be related to your work like computer vision syndrome, allergic conjunctivitis. We will need a more elaborate history and you will need detailed opthalmic examination. So kindly consult a nearby ophthalmologist for further evaluation. If the doctor prescribes your eye drops, use it accordingly. Don't listen toy our to your friend. He is not the doctor. Neglected eye infections can lead to serious complications.
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.