Red boils on back
I have few small red boils on my upper back since yesterday. They are quite painful and causes discomfort wearing undergarments

Dr. Rasya Dixit

Hi The common causes of painful  boils on the back are 1. Acne 2. Folliculitis this can happen post waxing 3. Herpes zoster - this is  a reactivation of the chicken pox virus. This needs to be treated by oral antivirals. If there is a sudden onset of red boils it would be advisable to meet a dermatologist at the earliest. However if it is recurring and more like pimples, then you can meet a dermatologist at your convenience. Both conditions need to be treated with medicines as back lesions are generally resistant to creams