Recurring throat cough

For the last 6-7 months i have been suffering from cough and sore throat problems(sore throat doesn't happen all the times but cough does). cough would pass down the throat whenever I swallow saliva and everytime it happens. Sore throat happens when I stay in AC or cold weather for longer duration (overnight during sleep). In the morning I tend to develop sore throat issues but it disappears by the day ends.It also happens when I consume cold drinks. Another issue is blocked nose, this too happens all the time (it is prominent during the morning), mostly the right nose would get blocked. I have consulted 3 doctors till now(2 allopathic and 1 homeopathic) and none of them seem to have worked :(
views-icons 35 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Recurring throat cough

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | Otologist/ Neurotologist
the problem is not in your throat or chest but in your nose....the cause is due to postnasal drip due to allergic rhinosinusitis. You need to meet a good ENT Specialist who will examine you and get a CT scan of your paranasal sinuses to confirm my diagnosis. Please show your doctor our conversation on practo to confirm my diagnosis.
use this app to search for a good ENT Specialist in your neighbourhood and fix up an instant appointment