Recurring Sebaceous cyst
I have a problem that I keep having cyst(mostly one at a time). I have had it below my chin on neck, I got it removed. Then I had on back of my neck, I got it removed. Now I have it on my chest, not yet removed. I always have it somewhere or other. I'm afraid if I get it removed this time, then it might occur another time and may be a more visible place like face or neck. Is my assumption correct that I will always have it somewhere or other for the rest of my life? Or I should get it removed and take some steps to avoid it to recur? For acne and pimples I'm already on Acutret 30mg in a day and creams like Faceclin and metrogyl. I'm using a medicated face wash and Nuforce shampoo. Please share some ways as well if it's possible to stop the cyst to recur. Thanks!

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Greetings. There are some people who are prone to developing recurrent or many cystic lesions - sebaceous cysts or acne  and nodular cysts. Sebaceous cysts are best excised and doesn't necessarily mean that if u excise one, a new one will develop. Continue anti acne medication as per dermatologists advise. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging.Warm regards