Recurring excessive acne

I am facing excessive acne problem. It has ruined my complexion. Everytime one of the pimple comes out, it hurts bad and the surrounding area on face becomes seriously warm. All pimples seem to have pus when they burst. and somehow are super recurring. Please advise me a strong medicine for it. I am taking care by washing my face regularly 3 times a day with pimple clearing face wash. And I apply clindamycin too! Please help I am facing self doubt and low self esteem issues already.

Doctor Answers (1) on Recurring excessive acne

Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic and recurrent problem. You may need a few topical medications for many weeks as maintenance and lifestyle changes for long term improvement. The following would help you : 1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots. 2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream 3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts . Salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed 5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots. Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help in reducing dandruff and also pimples on forehead 6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin. You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.