Recurrent vertigo problem

I was diagnosed with vertigo sometime back. The doctor did not conduct any test and directly prescribed some medicines. Although the medicines worked last time, I recently have had the problem of dizziness returning back lasting 3 days. Should I revisit a doctor and get diagnosed whether it is due to ear or neural?

Doctor Answers (1) on Recurrent vertigo problem

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo may go away on its own within a few weeks or months. But, to help relieve BPPV sooner, your doctor, audiologist or physical therapist may treat you with a series of movements known as the canalith repositioning procedure.
In very rare situations in which the canalith repositioning procedure isn't effective, your doctor may recommend a surgical procedure in which a bone plug is used to block the portion of your inner ear that's causing dizziness. The plug prevents the semicircular canal in your ear from being able to respond to particle movements or head movements in general. The success rate for canal plugging surgery is approximately 90 percent.
Consult ENT surgeon...