Rat Bite on finger
A rat bite me 45 days ago on my finger and now i consulted my doctor and he consult me to go for a rabies vaccination and tt injection . is there any problem consulting after 45 days.

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...the doctor advised you tetanus and rabies vaccination as a precautionary measure. It is very difficult to tell if 45 days is late. The bacterium causing tetanus has an incubation period of about 10 days and virus causing rabies has an incubation period about 1-3 months. But these can sometimes vary upto a year. But you must also remember that rat bite doesn't always transmit these infections. So as a precautionary measure it is better to take these vaccinations. For any further queries you can consult a community medicine specialist or general physician at any teaching hospital.