Rashess on entire body

I m getting rashes on my entire body while scratching. My body is turning reddish wherever I scratched and I m observing rashes there. I m using medicine from 1 year 6 months... Doctor by seeing reports told me that ur getting this rashes bexause of eating shrimps and fish. But I m taking medicine from long tym but rashes are not controlling.

Doctor Answers (1) on Rashess on entire body

Thanks for the query. Hives are irritating and difficult to live with. Chronic urticaria is the medical terminology and needs proper assessment. The triggers should be identified. Based on your description, it appears that you have intermittent variable of chronic urticaria. These conditions have a strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a non sedative antihistamine and some other medications based on blood chemistry. A common mistake is to take antihistamines as when and needed while it should be taken for a reasonably long time frame in urticaria whether you develop hives or not. After a certain period,its advisable to wean the treatment. Now a days modern treatment options also exists which requires once a month treatment. Hope it helps.