Raised Scar

I have got a little (size of a mustard seed) scar on my nose tip. The scar is not flat but is little bumpy or raised. I got it around a year back while trying to get a black head out using a plucker. Now this black scar is there since then. Can I take any oral medication?

Doctor Answers (1) on Raised Scar

Thanks for the query. This presentation can be seen with many skin diseases. The best option is to consult a Dermatologist in person to understand the problem and get it diagnosed. A proper treatment can then be started. Discuss the situation and hope it will be cleared in few days. There are a lot of treatment options for scars available  as of today. The treatment depends on the duration of scar and facilities available. The advance treatment option includes Fractional CO2 lasers and possibly Q Switched Nd YAG lasers in multiple sessions. Topical medications may be of little use and will supplement laser treatment.