Rabies question

In 2002 a dog had bitten me but i have not taken vaccine at that time,and later on after 4-5years i got worry so in 2008 i took 3 antirabies vaccine and after that due to some physological problem i again took vaccines.. 2008-3 vaccine of rabies. 2009-4 vaccines 2010-3 vaccines 2011-2 vaccines In total 12 vaccines from 2008-2011..So my question is: 1.can i get Rabies in Future due to the dog bite in 2002 because at that time i had not taken vaccine???? 2.Can i get any reaction or side effects due to the vaccines that i have taken?

Doctor Answers (1) on Rabies question

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Sir. There is no medical evidence where there is possibility of developing rabies after 12 years of dog bite.the rabies vaccine only kills the virus before it enters the nerve ending, if it has already entered nerve endings, there is no cure and the person usually will have symptoms within few days and death will be the only end result since there is no cure once the person gets infected.so clearly you don't have any symptoms,so no need to worry.you could have atleast enquired about the vaccines and their uses before taking it for so many years And based on the history you have given I think, you have developed anxiety and panic about developing rabies, so I kindly suggest you to do daily meditation, yoga and swimming to destress. If you are still not satisfied kindly consult a physician.