Rabies Question
Dear Sir/Mem in 2001 and 2002,Two Dog had bitten me little bit,but at that time i have not taken vaccine,Later on after 4-5 years i got worry and took 3 anti rabies post exposure vaccine in 2008..Total rabies vaccine details:2008-3 vaccine,2011-4 vaccine,2012-2 vaccine. So my question is can i get rabies in Future due to this?? *The vaccine that i have taken in 2008,a pharmacist used to bring the medicine from 6-7km far away and used to inject me at my home,So should the vaccine be given immediately after taking out of freeze?In my case it would me 30mins to 1 hour late..Let if that course of vaccine was useless then the other 6 vaccine of 2011 and 2012 will protect me?? Should i need to do any test of rabies? Can i get rabies due to the bites in 2001+2002 because at that time i have not taken any vaccine??Please suggest me and help me out.
130 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Harisha N L
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

There is no medical evidence where there is possibility of developing rabies after 12 years of dog bite.the rabies vaccine only kills the virus before it enters the nerve ending, if it has already entered nerve endings, there is no cure and the person usually will have symptoms within few days and death will be the only end result since there is no cure once the person gets clearly you don't have any symptoms,so no need to could have atleast enquired about the vaccines and their uses before taking it for so many years And based on the history you have given I think, you have developed anxiety and panic about developing rabies, so I kindly suggest you to do daily meditation, yoga and swimming to destress. If you are still not satisfied kindly consult a physician.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.