Rabies query

I was bitten by a dog 6 months ago and i did not receive vaccination at that time. If i take the vaccination now will it work?

Hello there. i can understand your concern. if you were bitten by a rabid dog 6 months back, then you would have succumbed to it long back. the fact that you are still alive is that the dog was not having rabies. so for what do you want it to work? if you take vaccination now, it will protect you from future such events. so better to take the whole course of vaccination. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Hi there I understand your concern....incubation period of rabies is 3 to 8 weeks... but rare cases has been seen as early as 4 days and latest like 1year.. well it seems you were bitten by dog 6 month back and you are fine....if you were bitten by rabid animal virus would have entered your body by now there is no use of vaccination now...if you were bitten by non rabid animal nothing to worry...you can take vaccination it will act as preexposure prophylaxis... Regards.