Quitting smoking
Can you please suggest any detoxification programs for a smoker who has quit smoking after smoking for 4 years considering a rate of 3-4 cigarettes a day. Reason of quitting is increase in blood pressure i am following diet to control blood pressure, i have quit smokimg but i want to detoxicate my body as well. Also suggest if any check up i should go through once i complete atleast 1 year of quitting smoking.

Ms. Huda Shaikh
Dietitian/Nutritionist 4 yrs exp Mumbai
Hi there, Good to hear from you :) I am glad to hear that you have quit smoking,good job 👍 In order to go for a detox program please consult a well trained dietician and nutritionist.However meanwhile you can add veggies,fruits,vegetable juice,coconut water,light soups to your diet.Please make sure that you do a detox only under the supervision of a diet professional and not by yourself. Take care All the Best :)
Ms. Luana Mascarenhas
Dietitian/Nutritionist 4 yrs exp North Goa
Do a fruit and vegetable detox for 1-3 days. Only raw and uncooked foods. This helps in detoxification. Start with Vit. C rich fruits or up to 1000mcg in supplement form.